How I'm coping during the times of COVID.

        Boy have times changed since 2016.  It was the last time I ventured onto this site.  I was in such a dark place then, I truly needed...


      Boy have times changed since 2016.  It was the last time I ventured onto this site.  I was in such a dark place then, I truly needed a break from everything I knew. The good thing is, I made it out to the other side.  And so now.... here we are during a pandemic (insert expletive here).  Life is funny eh?  If it doesn't teach you to control what you can and let go of what you cannot, I do not know what else does.  So -right now I'm doing what I can to stay healthy, fit and happy.  
 
       Like most people, I went a little too overboard with the quarantine snacks, with the wine, and the TV watching.  Netflix no longer asked if I was there, it just assumed.  So now it was time to channel my energy into something again, besides my treadmill and Peloton (which I love). And well, here I am... back to blogging.  It oddly felt foreign and familiar at the same time.  Like an old pair of shoes that you find in the back of your closet. I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear these shoes again, but once I put them on, they felt right.  Let's see how long I wear them around....
             
       So, these are some of the things I have been doing and trying to keep myself content with (along with working from home).  My spending habits have definitely curtailed, it was not the time to spend a ton of money on frivolous things, but every now and then it was nice to have a little "pick me up" delivered to my door.  



Working from home- sometimes I get dressed so that I don't feel like I'm in PJs all day



This reed diffuser from Homesick actually smells of the beach, suntan lotion & salt air



My happy place, our great room which was inspired by our stay at The Lido House - I can't 
wait to get back to California when this virus calms down out there.



The more candles, the better - more from Homesick and Diptyque
That lamp was a steal from Pier 1 who just recently went out of business due to COVID. 

One thing is for sure, if you can support a business now, do so, everyone is struggling, with loss of loved ones, loss of a job, a business... 2020 has been an awful year, but hopefully 
together we will make it through and soon this will be behind us. 


        More to come.... stay tuned. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments