Everything Old Is New Again.....

   Charlie's Angels, rompers and bell bottom jeans...(or extreme flares). They are all making a return or are already on the fashion sce...

   Charlie's Angels, rompers and bell bottom jeans...(or extreme flares). They are all making a return or are already on the fashion scene.  I remember my freshman year of college- my professor of Fashion Merchandising said-" FASHION IS EVOLUTIONARY- NOT REVOLUTIONARY"...  Those words dance around in my brain every time I see a throwback like this season's Prada color block drop-waist shift or even a pair of palazzo pants.  Some things look just as they were back in the day- some with an updated twist.  Either way- I am constantly having fashion flashbacks.


Gucci Boston bag
   My latest obsession- and recent purchase is the Gucci Boston bag.  Gucci never really let go of its stripes but this season's bags are reminiscent of vintage Gucci.  With their bold red and green stripes, and now with their newer versions, pink/burgundy and white/brown stripes.  I remember my Mom falling all over her new Gucci bag my Dad bought her.  I recall thinking- what is so special about this bag?  20 years later- I know...very well.  I now am the one falling over my new Gucci bag, and when I showed my mom my new addition, she gasped....and said " it's beautiful"... only another Gucci lover would appreciate it.




   In the meantime, I find myself being attracted to all the retro comebacks.  I see myself  this fall - ( with my bag) and platform booties, flared leg jeans and a silk long sleeve blouse, tied at the neck....very Farrah Fawcett.  Or possibly with a pair of brightly hued straight legged jeans and a shrunken twill blazer?  Kind of Prepster meets Rock Star.  Or, a Varsity jacket over a babydoll dress and black tights with black Bass bucks?  Very 90210... 
I also cannot wait to see the new Charlies Angels show, coming out this fall.  As well as the new Pan Am series, kind of like Mad Men in the skies.  It will be exciting to see all the fashion those shows will inspire.  I may have to dig up some of my Mom's old photos to get some new ideas, or even my old Highschool yearbook...yikes...whoever thought the 90's would make a comeback?
   Either way, it remains true, everything old, is definitely new again...I just love how fashion keeps..well....evolving!  Thanks teach!




J Crew Blazer and jeans


Silk blouse, Sariah Carson, Anthropologie




J Brand High Waist Bette Flares


You Might Also Like

0 comments